Table of Contents
World Pulse is a global movement
We are a powerful online community of women worldwide who speak out about today’s biggest problems. Women from 190 nations are using WorldPulse.com to start movements and pressure global leaders to take a stand on the issues affecting their lives.
Together we are building solutions, speeding up the change, and directly impacting 2.2 million people around the world.
Women’s empowerment isn’t happening fast enough
There is no central forum for women and the organizations that serve them to speak out about today’s most pressing issues, connect to each other, access resources, and support and leverage their collective voice. As a result, there is no easy way for policy makers and key influencers to communicate with women on the ground.
World Pulse mobilizes women for global change
World Pulse is the leading online platform for grassroots communities of women to mobilize around issues that matter to them—cross-languages, cross-religions, cross-cultures.
- We equip outstanding women leaders with the confidence and skills to digitally mobilize individuals around the world.
- We provide branded space on our platform for women’s empowerment organizations to connect to each other and leverage our collective impact.
- We create a bridge for direct communication between key global influencers and women on the ground, increasing women’s participation in major decision-making.
A global tipping point
World Pulse is embarking on a journey to engage ten million women to mobilize around the issues they care about and to influence one billion others in their communities, in order to create an unstoppable wave for global change.
2015 will be our year of innovation with a focus on scaling our systems and building sustainable foundation for reaching ten million women leaders and their allies in the years to come.
Partners for scale
- INTEL: World Pulse is working directly with Intel on an initiative that will empower 600,000 women in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa over the next three years. Other key partners include USAID, World Vision, and NetHope.
- WORLD YWCA: The World YWCA is eager to bring their three million members onto World Pulse’s platform to galvanize an unstoppable movement of women leading global change.
- INTERNET.ORG: World Pulse will soon be integrated in Facebook-led Internet.org, an innovative mobile app providing internet access to the two thirds of the world’s population that doesn’t have it. With a successful pilot launch in Zambia, Facebook is looking to scale to other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America.