Women’s Information Technology Transfer (WITT)
Wikis > Women’s Information Technology Transfer (WITT)
WITT is a European network working in the field of Gender, Transformation, and Information and Communication Technologies. WITT envisions Europe as a place of real democracy in power where genders are completely equal, and women are recognised as driving force of the continent and their inputs to the society are highlighted.
- Raising the awareness of women’s organisations of the power of ICTs as strategic tools for activism through knowledge sharing.
- Building capacity of women’s organisations through providing knowledge for ICTs skills development.
- Making the work of women organisations visible and accessible through providing an open ICT platform for networking, exchange and debate.
- Creating strategic partnerships with other organisations in the area of ICTs for purposes of advocating for social transformation
In order to accomplish these strategic goals we will be providing primarily women organisations and activists with:
- Training – design and delivery
- Tool kits
- Skills development programme
- Hosting server
- Platform for exchange of information, experience and good practices at local, and regional level