The Thai Women Empowerment Fund
Wikis > The Thai Women Empowerment Fund
Table of Contents
- 1 The Thai Women Empowerment Fund
- 2 The Thai Women Empowerment Fund’s Membership
- 3 Fund’s Membership Registration
- 4 Structure of Thai Women Empowerment Funds Committees
- 5 Applying for the supporting funds
- 6 The criteria for project consideration
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 Group 13
- 10 Feedback
The Thai Women Empowerment Fund
- The current Thai government is now giving for women’s development, as is reflected I the speech given by of Prime Minister Miss Yingluck Shinawatr
- In 2012 it is Her Majesty the Queen Sirikit’s 80th Birthday Anniversary. So it is a unique opportunity for Thailand to promote the development in women of order to show the Thai people’s respect to Her Majestyprime minister Yingluck shinawatea official facebook, (2012). Policy Statement of The Thai Women Empowerment Fund Retrieved 28 July 2012
- Nowadays, there are many problems encountered by women including, double standard treatment, less social opportunities, domestic violence and lack of opportunity to show their potentials. Countless encouragements and developments must be stimulated in the future. As a result, the government is introducing the “The Thai Women Empowerment FundThe Secretariat of the Cabinet, (2012). Thai Women Empowerment Fund Retrieved 28 July 2012 ” a crucial policy (Miss Yingluck Shinawatr) which is arranged to be an urgent policy which will be conducted in 2012 , with the purpose to raise the potential of women in every domain.
- The Thai government is aware of the importance of women and gender equality. The Women’s Development Fund was established to promote the roles of women, so that they can contribute better to the country, protect women’s rights, and amend laws so that they to protect women from domestic violence. The fund also serves as a funding source for women who want to have better access to education, employment, and healthcare services. As a result, women would benefit from better living standard (in terms of education, wealth and stability).The government public relations department, (2012). Women’s Development Fund Receives International Attention Retrieved 28 July 2012
- To empower women to be the crucial force for our country’s development
- To provide low interest funds or zero interest funds for investment
- To provide funds for women’s potential development and women’s networks that are taking care of women’s issue
- To provide funds for promoting and supporting activities that solve women problems’s issue
- To provide funds for supporting other projects which aim at solving women’s issues and empowering women
The Thai Women Empowerment Fund’s Membership
- Individual members must have Thai nationality and must be older than 15 years old. The members’ names must feature in the house registration documents or live in that community for more than six months.
- For an organisation to be a member of the Fund, it must be women’s organisation and it must be responsible and, dedicated to the well-being of society. Organisations must be located in the community or province that they are registered in. The organisation does not need to pay for any fee as long as it does not create debt to the community.
Fund’s Membership Registration
- Any person who meets the above requirements is able to register from 18 February 2012 onwards. During 18-29 February 2012, the Thai Women Empowerment Funds board of committees was selected for the level of tumbon, province and Bangkok which the committees will obtain the qualifications created by Thai Women Empowerment Funds member Title of book/Author (2012), Title of article, 20 July 2012 Thailand, available at: http://www.gender.go.th/womenfund/pdf_fund/fundwomen_21022555.pdf
Structure of Thai Women Empowerment Funds Committees
- Thai Women Empowerment Fund’s Committees of Tumbon
- Thai Women Empowerment Fund’s Committees of Provinces
- Thai Women Empowerment Fund’s Committees of Bangkok
- National Thai Women Empowerment Fund’s Committee Office
- The Government has initiated a policy of establishing child care centers in government offices, private companies, and communities. It has increased and improved the 24-hour help centers for children and women who are victims of family violence, while enhancing women’s role as a cornerstone of a family. The Women’s Development Fund is open to all women coming from any background, whether rich or poor, urban or rural.
Applying for the supporting funds
- Individual members and Women’s organisation that are registered and want to obtain financial support from The Thai Women Empowerment Fund’s.
- The authorised members or organisation representatives must submit the application with the evidence as required by the Thai Women Empowerment Funds Committees in Bangkok. Other women organization located in other provinces (except BKK) must submit the application to the Thai Women Empowerment Fund’ss Committees of province or tumbon depending on circumstances.
The criteria for project consideration
- Projects involving loan must have an explicit goal for the money(how it will be used, etc.) and must lead to a positive effect for women’s career development, career promotion and income.
- Projects should promote the role of women, the role of women organisation or the role of the community to empower women and women’s network. They should also raise awareness of women’s issues, help women whose rights are exploited and raise the societal awareness of women’s issues in every aspects.
- Projects need to promote activities that aim to develop women’s roles, solve problems, encourage leadership, provide quality knowledge and enhance the financial or social status of women.
- Projects which apply for the supporting fund must not receive any support from any other government or other sectors.
- Both women and men have equal dignity and roles in work and can contribute to national development at the same level. At the same time, women have great attention to detail, twhich is a clear asset in the production, trade, and service sector. Women’s caring nature helps bring compassion, reconciliation, and support for a peaceful society. In addition, Miss Yingluck Shinawatr believes that if men and women work together, with their different skills, they will be able to synergize and work more efficiently for the advancement and benefit of humankind.
“Wikigender University student article” Thailand, School of Economics and Public Policy, Srinakarinwirot University.
Group 13Photo The members of ECS 485 Group 13 are:
- Miss Chiaranai Pornsomboonsiri
- Miss Kittapat Thongpitak
- Miss Naranya Sengcharoen
- Miss Orakarn Ingphakorn
- Miss Rata Ruangrit
- Miss Suvapat Koeylao