LAWS, SOCIAL NORMS AND GENDER EQUALITY: WHERE DO WE STAND? Insights from the Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Regional Report for Eurasia
The OECD Development Centre, Austrian Development Cooperation and UN Women
are pleased to invite you to the SIGI Regional Policy Dialogue for Eastern Europe and the Caucasus entitled:
LAWS, SOCIAL NORMS AND GENDER EQUALITY: WHERE DO WE STAND?
Insights from the Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Regional Report for Eurasia
Wednesday 15 May 2019
2:00 pm- 6:15pm
Iveria Ballroom 3, Radisson Blu Hotel
1 Rose Revolution Square
- Opening remarks by Gerhard Schaumberger, Austrian Development Agency Georgia and Tamar Sabedashvili, UN Women Georgia
- Release of the SIGI 2019 Regional Report for Eurasia by Lorenzo Pavone, OECD Development Centre
- Panel on Violence Against Women: Lara Aharonian, Armenia’s Women’s Resource Centre; Maria Dmytrieva, UA Feminist Community Ukraine; Tamar Sabedashvili, UN Women Georgia
- Panel on Women’s Economic Empowerment: Olga Suleanschi, CEDA Moldova; Olena Levchuk, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade Ukraine; Hermine Fayan, European Business Association Armenia
- Working groups: Ways forward
- Closing remarks by Ekaterine Skhiladze, Ombudsman Office Georgia
Please join us at the Regional Policy Dialogue for Eastern Europe and the Caucasus, organised by the OECD Development Centre, the Austrian Development Cooperation, and UN Women.
The event will provide insights on where to begin and what innovative approaches work to accelerate social transformation and give the region a chance to achieve gender-related SDGs by 2030. Drawing on the evidence-based analysis of the SIGI Regional Report for Eurasia, the event will also be an opportunity to take stock on the availability of sex-disaggregated data and share new comparative data (2017-2018) informing policy debates on social norms and discrimination against women and girls across the region. Panellists will notably share concrete examples of how gender-transformative policies and programmes can challenge gender norms and promote women’s rights, gender equality and sustainable development.
The SIGI Regional Policy Dialogue for Eastern Europe and the Caucasus will begin with a presentation of the key messages and policy recommendations of the SIGI Regional Report for Eurasia. Then panellists including representatives from Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine will share information on their country’s efforts to address violence against women, their vision of women’s economic empowerment for 2030, and their government’s roadmap to achieving the ambitious gender equality targets of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
For further information, please contact email@example.com