OECD Organisation-wide Network on Gender and Diversity (OWN)
The OECD Organisation-wide Network on Gender and Diversity (OWN) was launched in 2006 as part of the OECD Diversity Initiative. It is a staff-based forum for networking activities aimed at improving diversity in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in terms of gender, nationality, ethnicity, disability, age, and other characteristics. All OECD staff are welcome to participate in OWN networking events and activities.
- Raise awareness and understanding of diversity-related issues in the workplace and the need to increase diversity in the composition of OECD staff
- Increase the commitment of all staff to promoting gender equality and diversity
- Provide staff with access to resources, services and research regarding gender and diversity issues in the workplace
- Organise events, activities and networking opportunities to support gender and diversity initiatives
- Sponsor events for International Women’s Day (8 March) and World Diversity Day (21 May)
- Organise Networking Brown Bag Lunches at different OECD sites; and
- Maintain an informative website and Sharepoint discussion site on the Intranet.
For more information, please contact OWN@oecd.org.