#HowICare Campaign June 18-24 2020
The SIGI shows that women undertake 75% of the unpaid care and domestic work worldwide, and more must be done to recognise, redistribute and reduce this time burden on women.
The #HowICare Campaign
Promundo and Oxfam’s #HowICare Campaign is an opportunity for a wide variety of voices to demand, together, a transformation of the gendered dynamics of unpaid care work. In particular, the campaign aims to “aims to shed a light on the realities, difficulties, and disparities of providing care – specifically in caring for children, in order to advocate for additional support for caregivers – including the parents and care workers who are most impacted – during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.”
The #HowICare campaign is part of a global call for:
- Universal access to paid sick and family and medical leave.
- 100% paid leave.
- Equal, fully paid, non-transferable parental leave for parents.
- Action to ensure childcare infrastructures survive the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A challenge to harmful norms and sexist beliefs.
- Flexible working hours and conditions.
- Social protection programs to support caregivers and recognize care as work.
How to Participate?
When? 18 June – 21 June 2020
Where? On Twitter using the hashtag ‘#HowICare’ and tagging @MenCareGlobal as well as @Promundo_US, @Oxfam, and @OxfamAmerica
How? Messaging guidance available here.