Economic Empowerment of Women & Girls – Forum
The NGO CSW Geneva with the support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) cordially invites representatives from governments & mission, NGOs, academics and the private sectors to a one-day Forum on
the Economic Empowerment of Women & Girls in a Sustainable Perspective
The Forum will take place:
- on 10 October 2016,
- at the Palais des Nations, Geneva, Room XIX.
9:00 am – 9:30 am: Entrance at the security desk for one day badge
9:30 am – 10:00 am: Registration and welcome coffee
10:00 am – 10:30 am: Opening Statements
- Simone Ovart, President of the NGO CSW Geneva and UN Representative for ZONTA International
- Michael Møller, Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) – TBC
- Chantal Oltramare, Programme Manager, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
10:30 am – 12:00 am: Panel on Government procurement
Government procurement represents a significant part of GDP in most countries, and can effectively be used to promote women-led business enterprises, and more generally gender equality.
- Meg Jones, Head of Women Economic Empowerment, UN Women
- Vanessa Erogbogbo, Head of the women and trade programme, International Trade Center (ITC) (Representing Arancha Gonzalez, Executive Director, ITC)
- Tetyana Lisovska, Head of Division of the Public Procurement Regulation Department of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
- Moderator: Anna Caroline Müller, Legal Affairs Officer in the government procurement team of the WTO
12:00 am – 1:30 pm: Panel on Equal pay between men and women
The gender wage gap remains high, with globally women still earning on average 77% of what men earn, a discrimination that contributes to the feminization of poverty and that must be addressed.
- Sonja Hönig, President, Zonta International
- Raquel Blanc Gutiérrez, Vice President Diversity & Inclusiveness, PMI
- Véronique Goy Veenhuys, Founder & CEO, EQUAL-SALARY Foundation
- ILO speaker TBC
- Moderator: Mary Farmer, Management Consultant
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Lunch Break (sandwiches will be available)
2:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Panel on Unpaid care work
The unequal sharing between men and women of domestic tasks and caring responsibilities is now well recognized as a human rights issue and a structural cause of gender inequalities that must be addressed.
- Valeria Esquivel, Senior Advisor, Social Policy and Gender, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Representative from PROMUNDO / MenCare Campaign (Name TBC)
- Paola Panzeri, Senior Policy and Advocacy officer. Employment, Gender equality & Migration, Confédération des organisations familiales de l’Union européenne (COFACE)
- Shauna Oley, Chief Gender Equality and Diversity Branch, ILO (TBC)
- Moderator: Valerie Bichelmeier, Main UN Representative, Make Mothers Matter (MMM)
4:00 pm – 5:30 pm: Panel on Women in decision making positions
Bringing more women in leadership & decision-making positions in all sectors & at all levels has the potential to positively change the perspectives & performances of any organization.
- Mr. Eelco Wierda, researcher Atria Institut, Amsterdam
- Mrs. Letchy, Gender Expert of the International Organization of Employers
- Prof. Dr. Iris Bohnet, member of the Credit Suisse Board (TBC)
- Moderator: Catherine Bosshart-Pfluger, Executive Secretary, International Federation of Business and Professional Women (BPW International),
5:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Closing remarks
- Sylvie Durrer, Director, Swiss Federal Office for Gender Equality (FOGE)
Please Register here.
Important: Access to the Forum is free but advance registration is mandatory in order to enter UN ground.
Registration deadline is 1st October!
Forum Organizing Committee
- Simone Ovart (ZONTA International), NGO CSW Geneva President & Chair of the Forum
- Anne Riz (Federation of American Women’s Clubs Overseas – FAWCO), NGO CSW Geneva Treasurer
- Elisa Gazzotti (Soka Gakkai International – SGI), NGO CSW Geneva Secretariat
- Angelamaria Loreto (Ius Primi Viri – IPV), NGO CSW Geneva Vice-President
- Catherine Bosshart (International Federation of Business & Professional Women), NGO CSW Geneva Vice-President & Convener, Panel on Women in decision-making positions
- Véronique Goy Veenhuys (Fondation EQUAL-SALARY), Convener, Panel on Equal pay between men and women
- Valerie Bichelmeier (Make Mothers Matter – MMM), Convener panel on Unpaid Care Work
- Oleksandra Kunovska Mondoux (World Federation of Ukrainian Women’s Organizations): Convener, Panel on Government procurement
For additional information: Contact: forum (at) ngocsw-geneva.ch