Centro de la Mujer Peruana Flora Tristan
Flora Tristán is a feminist non-profit organisation established in 1979. Their mission is to “combat structures which restrict the rights of women or/and which affect their exercise of these rights” (“combatir las causas estructurales que restringen la ciudadanía de las mujeres y/o afectan su ejercicio.) As a consequence, they are motivated to expand civil rights of women in politics and development in order to achieve gender equality and justice in general.
- Increase the political participation, action and expression of women
- The establishment and negotiation of public policies and initiatives of legal reform
- The management and monitoring of programmes directed to achieve strategic objectives for women
- Capacity building of key stakeholders in order to implement programmes dedicated to women’s empowerment, gender equality and justice in general.
- The production of specialist knowledge which supports policies and which enriches the political vision of women.
- Information, education and communication directed to public opinion.
- Human Rights
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights
- Rural Development
- Feminist studies and debates
- Derechos Humanos
- Political Participation and decentralization
- Red Nacional Mujer Rural (a rural development project)
- Library: Biblioteca Flora Tristán
- Legal assistance service at the Comisaria de la Mujer in Lima
- Health service: Servicio Integral de Salud de la Mujer (SISMU)