Azerbaijan Gender Information Center (AGIC)
Azerbaijan Gender Information Center (AGIC) is the first informational and analytical, bibliographical and documental center of the women’s movement on the territory of the South Caucasus. It was established in 2002 with the support of the Fund “Open Society – Azerbaijan”.
The website contains a virtual museum, information on gender policies, country statistics, and a gender thesaurus.
AGIC’s establishment was carried out with the coalition of these women organizations:
- Research Center of Modern Social Processes
- Association of Creative Women, Baku
- Azerbaijan Association of Organizational and Technical Development, Baku
- Mingechaur Women Youth Centerr “Shams”
- Hudat Center of Youth Programmes Development.
Research and Publications
- Women”s business cooperation on Southern Caucasus (“Eurasia” Foundation, 1999)
- Gender researches “Women in the social conflict ” (World Bank, 2000)
- Women in the Azerbaijan society (Altair, 2000)
- Women against violence (ISAR – Gorizonte, 2001)
- Women in local coomunity (ISAR- Gorizonte, 2002)
- Gender actual information resources and development the third sector in Azerbaijan (ISAR, 2002)
The Azerbaijan Organizational and Technical Development Association was created with the support of the “Eurasia ” foundation in 2000.
- Incubator of the nongovernmental women’s organizations (“Eurasia” foundation, 2000)
- Marketing the third sector in Azerbaijan ( ” Eurasia “foundation, 2001)
- Business – incubator in support of women’s business (“Eurasia “foundation, 2002)
- Creative Women Association was established in 1999 under the support Open Society – Assistance Foundation Azerbaijan. Association develops women’s and children’s creativity, realizes the rehabilitation works with refugees and the compelled immigrants, orphans.