A pioneer organisation, in both Lebanon and the MENA region, Abaad envisions a world where:
- Men and women live as equitable partners and work together to secure better lives for their future and the future of the societies they live in.
- Women are effectively empowered and participate in democratic processes that affect their lives and their communities.
- Men are willingly and effectively engaged in working towards achieving an equitable society free of hegemonic masculinities and the different types of violence against women.
- Women have fair access to the economic assets and the natural resources within their communities.
- Women live in freedom, dignity, and inner peace without facing discrimination.
ABAAD is made of a dynamic pool of resources, human rights activists, lawyers, experts in their fields, social workers, and researchers that are all dedicated towards achieving gender equality and women’s empowerment.
ABAAD seeks to promote equality and active participation through policy development, legal reform, gender mainstreaming, eliminating discrimination, in addition to supporting the advancement of women and empowering them to participate effectively and fully in their communities.
Abaad were the first co-recipients of the Womanity Award for the Prevention of Violence Against Women in 2014, with Promundo.
Learn more about Abaad on their website.