The Gender Equality Forum 2017
The Forum 2017 will provide an opportunity to take action along with fellow leaders from business, government, and the United Nations to scale up gender equality and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is co-hosted by the Global Compact Network Canada, the UN Global Compact and UN Women.
At the Forum particpants will:
- Network with leaders in business, government, and UN agencies, and to explore opportunities for partnership and collective action.
- Help set an “Action Agenda” to scale up efforts to advance gender equality, the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs), and help achieve the Sustainable Development GoalsSDGs, especially SDG 5 which is focused on the empowerment of women and girls.
- Learn how companies around the world are implementing the WEPs and taking concrete action to advance gender equality in the workplace, marketplace, and community.
- Engage in peer-to-peer learning to identify and address key challenges and seize opportunities.
- Find solutions and share innovative approaches, practical tools, and resources that can help companies achieve their gender equality goals.
- Be inspired by fellow business leaders from Canada and across the globe – including women entrepreneurs and youth – who are challenging stereotypes and breaking down barriers to gender equality.
Location: The forum will be hosted at Deloitte Canada’s Toronto head office at 22 Adelaide St W #200, Toronto, ON M5H 0A9.
Date: April 3-4, 2017
Contact: Ms. Elena Bombis
Manager, Social Sustainability, Legal & Integrity
+1 212 907 1301