The 2018 edition of Women4Mediterranean comes at a time when the 43 UfM countries adopted a strong Ministerial Declaration with an ambitious action plan where UfM Ministers committed to take the necessary and relevant measures and create policies to promote the equality between women and men, in rights and opportunities, in all spheres of society: political, economic and civil life.
Women4Mediterranean 2018 takes place at the Champalimaud Foundation’s Centre for the Unknown, a unique landmark facing the river Tejo in the city of Lisbon, Portugal.
The Conference is expected to gathers more than 300 high level stakeholders from all sectors involved in gender equality and women’s empowerment in the Euro-Mediterranean region, including country representatives, ministers, local authorities and institutions, parliamentarians, international organizations, civil society platforms, academics, private sector actors, project promoters, personalities with an outstanding commitment towards gender equality, media and youth.
9:00-10:00 Opening ceremony
10:00-10:30 Coffee / networking break
10:30 -12:00 Plenary session 1: Mediterranean women leading for change
- Panel 1: Women leaders in business and social changes
- Panel 2: Driving women’s participation in public life and decision making
12:00-13:00 Lunch break
13:00-14:30 Plenary session 2: Shifting stereotypes and social barriers
- Panel 1: The role of men
- Panel 2: The role of private sector and media
- Panel 3: Combating violence against women and girls
14:30-15:00 Coffee / Networking break
15:00-17:00 Parallel workshops
- Empowering women in rural and agriculture areas
- Women in science (STEM) and innovation
- Investing in sexual and reproductive health