Trainee in gender and development
OECD Policy Dialogue on Women’s Economic Empowerment
The OECD is a global economic forum working with 35 member countries and more than
100 emerging and developing economies to make better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. The Organisation provides a unique forum in which governments work together to share experiences on what drives economic, social and environmental change, seeking solutions to common problems.
The OECD’s Development Co-operation Directorate (DCD) and Development Centre (DEV) which are part of the OECD Development Cluster, along with the Sahel and West Africa Club (SWAC) are working together to find innovative evidence-based solutions to key development challenges.
DCD and DEV are looking for an enthusiastic trainee to contribute to a new Global Policy Dialogue on Gender Equality. The trainee will work under the supervision of the Senior Policy Analyst on Gender Equality in DCD and will support the Junior Policy Analyst on Gender Equality.
The trainee will be expected to:
- Support the work of the Policy Dialogue including preparation of background papers, policy briefs and project-related outputs.
- Contribute to the research on gender equality and development topics.
- Assist in the preparation of public presentations and reports and other external communication material.
- Support the Policy Dialogue’s communication and outreach strategy, including through social media channels.
- Assist in the organisation of the Policy Dialogue’s events.
- Support the organisation of the annual GENDERNET meeting.
- Maintain a strong commitment to continuous professional development and effective team work.
Education and experience
- Currently undertaking graduate studies in gender, international development and/or human rights.
- Be a registered student in an academic institution that has or is willing to sign an OECD Memorandum of Agreement relating to traineeships.
- Strong interest in gender and development issues, demonstrated through previous experience in the field (courses, thesis, internships, etc.).
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and French.
- Fluency in the use of standard software applications (MS Office).
Ideally, the trainee would start by 1 September 2017 for a duration of six months full-time. The Organisation provides a monthly stipend currently of 608.40 Euros for a full-time basis. The trainee will need to make independent arrangements for travel and accommodation as well as to be duly covered for health and social insurance.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to Annelise Thim at email@example.com by 18 August 2017.