Gender Summit 11: Embracing Pluralism and thriving through diversity
The Gender Summit is a series of interconnected, action-based events held across the globe. Its aim is to make gender equality the norm and to embed it as a primary dimension of quality in research and innovation.
Why the gender summit is important?
The Summit links individuals and communities in and across different regions and science sectors to engage in transformative actions on gender equity, pluralism, ethnicity, inclusion and diversity in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). The North American Summit will go beyond sex-based differences to focus on equity and diversity in the broadest sense, such as LGBTQ and Indigenous communities, and further the discussion beyond STEM to include the social sciences and health research.
Why you should participate?
- Connect with hundreds of delegates active in research and initiatives related to gender from across the world: The Summit is based on the commitment to mobilizing and connecting expertise across disciplines, sectors, and international boundaries.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in gender-related policy: The Summit will address topics such as global safety, food security, health, big data, clean technologies and science culture.
- Learn from researchers about advances on the front line of genderrelated research: The Summit will shed light on ways to translate into practice a large body of scientific evidence in the area of gender equity
About the Gender Summits and Gender Summit 11- North America
Since 2011, the Gender Summit has become the foremost forum to engage top-level stakeholders in STEM to address efficacy, quality and success in research and innovation. The North American Summit is co-hosted by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, the Fonds de recherche du Québec and Portia Ltd, in collaboration with many other organizations providing their expertise, support and diverse point of view to the event.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (Canada)
- Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (Mexico)
- International Development Research Centre (Canada)
- National Science Foundation (United States) Social Sciences and Humanities
- Research Council (Canada)
- Status of Women Canada Tourisme Montréal (Canada)
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org