Wikigender University: Srinakharinwirot University
Srinakharinwirot University was developed from two institutions: The Advanced Teacher Training School, founded in 1949 and the College of Education, founded in 1953. In 1974, it was named Srinakharinwirot University (read more on this here).
At present, Srinakharinwirot University is located at 114 Sukhumvit 23, Sukhumvit road, Klong Toey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110. The contact number is 02 249 5000. The university website is at http://www.swu.ac.th.
The School of Economics and Public Policy
Wikigender is specifically partnering with the School of Economics and Public Policy at Srinakharinwirot University to carry the Wikigender University Programme.
The School of Economics and Public Policy is dedicated to develop undergraduate and graduate students’ skills so that they may approach economics both from the theoretical and the practical as well as from the logical prospective. At present the School is offering a Bachelor’s Program and a Doctoral Program in the field. The Bachelor’s Program is designed to give basic knowledge of economics and to provide students with experience in Thailand’s socio-economic issues.
The aim of the Doctoral Program is to prepare students for professional careers in teaching, research, business and governmental work. Overall the School strives to ensure that students develop expertise in theoretical, applied, and research areas of economics and public policy, while responding to the need in preparing competent graduates who have appropriate morals and ethics and are capable of working both in the local and global markets.
About Wikigender University
Wikigender University aims to:
- Actively engage students in the development of this gender equality platform
- Bring together a range of universities to foster networking possibilities among students and academics, thereby extending the network of Wikigender users
- Enhance opportunities for building capacity in gender research, information sharing, social networking, IT and editorial skills.
Contributions by Srinakharinwirot University students
Students will be focusing on gender issues in Thailand and the East Asia Pacific region. The suggested topics proposed by the University so far are:
- Women and work in Thailand (occupational safety and health of women workers, women’s work/life balance, care work, etc.)
- Women’s participation in the labour market
- Gender discrimination in the labour market
- Women and trafficking issues
- Migration issues – skills recognition
- Women and agriculture
- The role and rights of Thai women from past to present
- Women’s Roles and Poverty Eradication in the Rural Area
- The Role of Her Royal Highness Princess Bajrakitiyapha to The United Nations
- Integration of Thai Government and Foundation to Women and Children's problem
- Ms. Areeya Rojvithee is teaching a course on "Current Economic Problems and Issues" at the School of Economics and Public Policy from 18 June 2012 until 8 October 2012 to a group of 4th year students. There are 98 students enrolled in the Wikigender University Programme. The students have all registered on Wikigender and they have been divided in 13 groups. Each group will write 2 articles for the whole project duration, so there will be a total of 26 articles by 8 October 2012.
- Each article that is created and saved in www.wikigender.org is peer-reviewed by the students in the group, checked by Ms. Rojvithee (Wikigender University Coordinator in Thailand) and finally by Estelle Loiseau, Wikigender University Project Coordinator.
- In terms of the course, the students will get: 20% for their work on Wikigender; 35% for each exam (x2 = 70%); 10% for team collaboration
- Each new article that is well referenced will feature in the monthly Wikigender newsletter and other online social networks; at the end of the project, all articles will be compiled into a PDF.
Group 1: 1. Mr. Arnon Jumsin 2. Mr. Zion Panjachaiya 3. Miss Pattraporn Prateappornsak 4. Miss Waranya Pornlertkochakorn 5. Mr. Raveroj Wattanakijpanich 6. Mr. Nartsupon Dumchuen 7. Mr. Pattarakorn Jiravichayanon 8. Miss Nara Nopporn
Group 2: 1.Miss Sakonporn Janechawalitmongkol 2. Miss Suwimon Amatayakul 3. Miss Kochaporn Chuenurajit 4. Miss Jatuporn Kerdsap 5. Mr. Nathapol Lilitkarntakul 6. Miss Paninart Limcharoensuk 7. Mr. Saphon Udomwongrattana 8. Mr. Kritchanaphat Udompholtawee
Group 3: 1. Mr. Junlanun Watthong 2. Miss Chawala Muthaporn 3. Miss Phunjaporn Sangpo 4. Miss Aimmika Dumrod 5. Miss Kopkamon Khawkomon 6. Miss Nicharee Benjapraguyrat 7. Miss Sarusnand Lorkittinand 8. Miss Sirikorn Sootsukon
Group 4: 1. Mr. Natchanan Ongsirimongkol 2. Mr. Panupong Ngampupan 3. Mr. Puripat Sophonkeereerat 4. Mr. Vorathad Hanwitthayaphan 5. Mr. Samabut Wichitterdtham 6. Mr. Yottana Pattamatitanon 7. Miss Thananya Talubthong 8. Miss Sukhuman Bhummaphan
Group 5: 1. Miss Wikanda Umpaiboon 2. Miss Chanakan Senchai 3. Mr. Pongsakorn Moungboon 4. Miss Pattamaporn Prayoonhong 5. Miss Benyathip Eiamchai 6. Miss Supinpan Rueksompoch 7. Miss Pattaraporn Teslongthong 8. Miss Supaporn Wongsawat
Group 6: 1. Miss Kanlaya Limouaychai 2. Miss Kusuma Rodcham 3. Miss Nutnicha Traitrakullerd 4. Miss Wiriya Ponsamart 5. Mr. Pich Vajropala 6. Miss Wattanee Vitechongjaroen 7. Miss Darunwan Panya 8. Miss Suphitcha Kengwicheanchai
Group 7: 1. Miss TEERADA KAMPAN 2. Miss NARAPORN WORACHIRAPORN 3. Miss SUKRITTA JIRAPRADITKUL 4. Miss SUTAMART NGENCHAIROJ 5. Miss BENJARAT HANKIETKUL 6. Miss HATTHAYA SRILAPA 7. Miss NAVAPORN SOONTHARO 8. Miss RATCHATIDA YAMBAN
Group 8: 1. Mr. Suncharn Pipitkul 2. Mr. Sanhanat Amnajsathit 3. Miss Wallaya Lakhumlek 4. Mr. Patiwat Saleerat 5. Mr. Rangsaman Laohasinnuruk 6. Miss Sirichan Nimitcharoen 7. Miss Srijutar Kiatyuttachart
Group 9: 1. Mr. Jaruwat Amesbutra 2. Miss Budsara Udompramaun 3. Mr. Sumetha Viriyaaksornsakun 4. Miss Asama Sasitanakornkeaw 5. Miss Natchaya Yatepat 6. Miss Nannaphat Chantharawong 7. Miss Benjira Akeudomsub
Group 10: 1. Miss Kedsara Lathon 2. Miss Bengawan Joyjinda 3. MissWannaporn Junjang 4. Mr.Nanthapong Nillapong 5. MissJariya Phiaphengton 6. MissWachiraporn Noicharoen 7. MissWoralak Ngenruangrotn
Group 11: 1. Mr. Thitiwat Tanyaniyomkij 2. Mr. Ritthima Thammathorn 3. Miss Natsuda Noipong 4. Miss Krongkarn Choomeung 5. Miss Chompunoot Tanabunjerdsin 6. Mr. Apiwut Chuensanguan 7. Miss Supaporn Unjanam
Group 12: 1. Miss Pongsupa Thupthein 2. Miss Kultida Petpraphan 3. Miss Thanannut Wongtaweepoom 4. Miss Kornsiri Suwanphibul 5. Miss Chayaporn Chaipon 6. Miss Chanita Aunsaard 7. Miss Ploy Lertphongphipath
Group 13: 1. Miss Kittapat Thongpitak 2. Miss Suvapat Khoeylao 3. Miss Orakarn Ingphakorn 4. Miss Chiaranai Pornsomboonsiri 5. Miss Naranya Sengcharoen 6. Miss Rata Ruangrit
- Wikigender University
- WIkigender University: About
- Wikigender University: Sciences-Po
- Wikigender University: Student articles
- Wikigender University: Training