The International Alliance for Women
The International Alliance for Women (TIAW) is a Canadian network of professional women dedicated to improving the economic status of all women around the world: from senior level executive and professional women, to career women just beginning their careers, to women in transition and young girls planning for their careers, to the most needy of all: impoverished women in developing nations.
TIAW unites supports and promotes professional women and their networks to work together, share resources and leverage ideas. Their mission is to encourage, develop, fund and implement programs that foster economic empowerment and advancement for women around the world.
Founded in 1980, TIAW has evolved to have a greater focus on outreach to a much larger global community of women. This universal focus – without regard to culture, politics, race or religion – is economic. Connected through TIAW, members further economic empowerment and positive change in the world.
- To become the global voice of women who want to connect to make a difference.
- To provide quality programs and initiatives that support TIAW’s vision, mission and purpose.
- To continuously develop TIAW’s structure to effectively serve TIAW members and programs.
- TIAW Microenterprise Development Program: Leverages financial and leadership resources through micro credit loans to help impoverished women in developing countries to start or expand businesses and achieve self-sufficiency.
- TIAW Women on Boards Program: Motivates demand for qualified women to serve on for-profit and non-profit boards: educates members on issues of directors’ responsibilities and liabilities, board governance, operations and trends: and works with member associations on educational and placement activities.
- TIAW Entrepreneurs Program: Enhance the lives of TIAW’s entrepreneurs by reducing their sense of isolation, improving their abilities, and increasing their business opportunities. The goal of the Entrepreneurs’ program is to assist TIAW members to outperform their competition and exceed their prior growth rate.
- TIAW Corporate Women’s Leadership Network Program: A special program for corporate women members, designed to build connections through topical conversations and relevant information.
- TIAW Daughters Program: Prepares girls (ages 10-16) for financial independence through a proprietary mentoring program including one-on-one sessions, seminars, workshops and special events.