How much do you know about gender equality 3: Quiz Answers
Warning!The following gives answers to Wikigender's October Facebook quiz, "How much do you know about gender
Haven't done the quiz yet? You can access it here: http://apps.facebook.com/genderequizsept/?ref=ts or through Wikigender's Facebook fan page.
Below are the answers as well as a link to where to find more information on Wikigender.
1. In which year did the Olympic Games include for the first time a women's marathon?
Correct Answer: 1984
Read more on Marathons and Gender Equality
2. Which of the following is NOT included as an indicator in the Gender Empowerment Measure (GEM)?
Correct Answer: The ratio of men to women at tertiary educational institutions
Read more on Statistics:School_Enrolment
3. Which European country was the first to grant women the right to vote in 1906?
Correct Answer: Finland
Read more at: Suffrage
4. In which year did the French philosopher and writer, Simone de Beauvoir, publish her seminal feminist work, 'Le Deuxieme Sexe’?
Correct Answer: 1949
Read more at: Simone de Beauvoir
5. What is the percentage of women holding seats in parliament in the Russian Federation?
Correct Answer: 9.8%
Read more at: Russian Federation
6. What is the legal age of marriage for women and men in Bolivia?
Correct Answer: 14 for women; 16 for men
Read more on the Gender Equality in Bolivia
7. Who was Malta's first female President?
Correct Answer: Agatha Barbara
Read more at: Agatha_Barbara
We hope you enjoyed the quiz!
Any feedback is welcome. Please email email@example.com.